Variances / Relief Granted:
- Code says 11 units to the acre.
- Height – no more than 2 ½ stories or 30’
- Front yard set back minimum: 20’
- Rear yard set back minimum: 25’
- Side yard set back minimum: 20’ each side
- Tandem parking not permitted
- Required one loading space
What builder got:
- Builder should have built 8 town houses on his ¾ acre site as of right, the board granted 3x the density and allowed 24 units to be built
- Allowed 3 ½ stories (36 feet)
- Front yard received 12’ set back
- Rear yard received 10’ set back
- One side received 6’ set back, other side received 10’ set back
- Builder received tandem parking, no loading space provided
The average sale price of units: $450,000
Extra revenue to the builder: $7,200,000
Total paid for all the incentives granted and Parkland Fund: $109,063
As per code, builder should have paid $10,000 per unit for Parkland Fund.
Parkland Fund due to the village: $240,000
Builder paid: $59,063
Lost Revenue to the Village: $180,937
For all the incentives granted, the builder made one time payment: $50,000
To view the Board’s vote and decisions on this application, please download PDF below.